IOS Software Engineer
Whether this person is an experienced Software Engineer, we expect them to help drive the technical direction within the iOS Mobile team delivering first class mobile solutions and contributing to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. We’re looking for someone with an unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies and who work best in a collaborative team environment. We value everyone’s opinion in building top class software and we’re passionate about empowering them.
The engagement we are in is a UK price comparison website with over 1 million active users. The platform also offers other on-line companies the ability to provide their customers with a co-branded or white labelled comparison service. It allows customers to compare prices on a number of insurance products including car, home, van, life, pet, travel and over 50s insurance via web and mobile apps. It has also expanded into the comparison of items that can be switched such as energy/utilities, broadband and digital TV, as well as a range of financial products such as loans, credit cards and ISAs.
Technology stack we use:
iOS: Swift 5.3, XCUITest, SnapKit, Realm, RxSwift+RxCocoa, Fabric (Crashlytics, Beta), Google Places, Applitools, Swrve.
What will it take to be successful?
- You’ll be an advocate extreme programming, keen to test first, deploy often and pair program
- You’ll have a high level of coding standards (OO, design patterns, testing approaches, TDD) with a polyglot approach to problem solving
- You’ll be a customer focused, natural influencer and negotiator with an enthusiasm for motivating teams
- You’ll be an active learner, with a passion for keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and able to pick up new concepts fast
- If the applicant is a senior, we expect a proven experience of coaching, mentoring and driving technical excellence from a team of engineers
- 3+ years of experience in building mobile apps for iOS
- Object oriented software development background
- Solid knowledge of Swift
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in architecture design
- Practice in Unit Testing and understanding TDD/BDD
- Speaking English command at least B1 level