We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect
for our customer Shell Energy.
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for leading and shaping the end-to-end solution architecture across our business energy proposition. Your solution designs will help evolve our technology landscape and industry interaction processes. You will act as the key architecture point of contact, proactively engaging with the following functions: Customer Service, Marketing, Billing, Collections, Metering and Projects to deliver our business outcomes.
Day to day you will be required to direct, produce or govern high quality, fit for purpose solution designs aimed at meeting functional and non-functional requirements that adhere reference architectures, as well as current technology industry standards and best practice. You will be in a key position to be able to provide technology consultancy to your business and colleagues working within your business areas.
The nice to haves:
- At least 5 years experience working as a Solution Architect, delivering complex technical solutions with appreciation of modern architecture.
- Experience in defining strategic architecture roadmaps.
- Advanced knowledge of application or data integration patterns and best practices. Robust knowledge of API definition, preferably with a development or operational background with infrastructure knowledge of public cloud services (AWS, Azure).
- Experience in capturing requirements, facilitating business and technical design, and negotiating project scope and roadmap with clients, based on a sound understanding of the cost/benefit profile of each deliverable.
- Proven track record of working in a complex and multi-faceted organisation using a wide variety of current and legacy IT technology components.
- Possesses an innovative mindset to create new options and challenge the status quo, applying creativity and judgment in developing new approaches and solutions.
- Anticipates and clearly defines problems, diagnoses causes, identifies solutions and creates collaborative action plans.
- Produces high-quality deliverables suitable for consumption at board level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders without relying on jargon.
- Constantly looking to develop their own skills and knowledge.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills, working in a team environment and across large and complex organisations.
- Exposure to both waterfall based and agile/scrum based methodologies.
- Educated in a computing, systems or science / engineering related subject.
- Knowledge of popular frameworks such as TOGAF.